The City of Joondalup takes pride in being a Local Government that has been internationally recognised for providing outstanding services to the local community. To continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for innovative services and programs, we are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who will be committed to making a positive contribution to the City and its community.
Governance Officer – Full Time
- Salary: $74,947 – $79,594 per annum
- Plus up to 14.5% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ref No: 20-33
This role is at the forefront of Council’s decision-making processes, providing administrative and governance support at Council and Committee meetings. Experience in creating Agendas and Minutes, attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple competing deadlines are essential. There is a requirement as part of this position to attend evening Council and Committee meetings.
Applicants need to provide a copy of their resume, and a covering letter addressing the following key selection criteria:
- Sound knowledge of administrative and meeting procedures, including detailed understanding of agenda and minute preparation.
- Knowledge of local government statutory procedures, services and decision-making frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of high quality accurate written documentation for external stakeholders.
- High level computer literacy in particular with Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Abode).
- Experience in working in a busy environment with competing deadlines.
- A qualification in business, public administration and/or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you. Further information can be obtained by calling Vivienne Stampalija, Governance Co-ordinator on 9400 4369.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button above, and submit your resume and a covering letter addressing the above criteria. Applications close on Monday 17 August 2020.
GARRY HUNT PSM
Chief Executive Officer
Canvassing of Elected Members will disqualify