The City of Joondalup takes pride in being a Local Government that has been internationally recognised for providing outstanding services to the local community. To continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for innovative services and programs, we are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who will be committed to making a positive contribution to the City and its community.
Local History and Reference Team Leader – Permanent Full Time
- Salary: $89,328 - $94,753 per annum
- Plus up to 14.5% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ref No: 20-046
We are seeking a dynamic and adaptable individual to directly support the Library Service by leading and motivating a high performing team that is tasked with both Local History and Reference activities.
The team under your leadership provides a high level of customer service relating to digital enquiries and more in-depth research enquiries, oversees e-Resource, curriculum and specialist resources, develops and maintains preservation resources for local histories and stories relating to the Joondalup region, and adheres to quality policies and practices relating to collection development and preservation.
Your covering letter will need to address the following key criteria:
- High level of understanding of heritage legislation, conservation principles and heritage assessment criteria.
- Highly developed leadership, supervisory, teamwork and team building skills within multi-disciplinary teams.
- High level research skills to prepare and review documentation, identify issues, make recommendations and improve process.
- High level organisational, lateral and analytical thinking, creative problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
If you are interested we would like to hear from you. Further information can be obtained by calling Lynley Stapleton, Library Services Co-ordinator on 9400 4723.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button above, and submit your resume and a covering letter addressing the above criteria. Applications close on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
GARRY HUNT PSM
Chief Executive Officer
Canvassing of Elected Members will disqualify