The City of Joondalup takes pride in being a Local Government that has been internationally recognised for providing outstanding services to the local community. To continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for innovative services and programs, we are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who will be committed to making a positive contribution to the City and its community.
Curator – Part Time
- Salary: $76,446 - $89,065 per annum pro-rata
- Plus up to 14.5% superannuation (conditions apply)
- 22.8 hours per week
- Ref No: 22-083
The City of Joondalup is seeking an experienced Curator to join the Cultural Services team.
The Curator is responsible for the delivery of a range of curatorial, exhibition and collections management outcomes. Critical to the role is a strong curatorial vision, an understanding of the visual arts sector and museum practices, and a well-developed collections management skillset. Also relevant is the ability to engage community in the development of contemporary arts practice, an understanding of the local arts history and current practices.
Your covering letter should highlight your experience, such as:
- Tertiary qualifications or progression towards completion of formal studies in Fine Arts or Museum Studies, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the accession, maintenance, repair and management of an Art Collection.
- Sound knowledge of the visual arts sector, particularly in West Australian, Australian and Public Art contexts.
- Sound knowledge of best practice curatorial principals and culturally appropriate protocols for working with artists of different backgrounds and identities, including First Nations artists, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse artists and artists living with a disability.
If you are interested we would like to hear from you. Further information can be obtained by calling Tim Carter, Visual Arts Officer on 9400 4924.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button above, and submit your resume and a covering letter addressing the above criteria. Applications close at 11.55pm on Thursday 30 June 2022.
Chief Executive Officer
Canvassing of Elected Members will disqualify