The City of Joondalup takes pride in being a Local Government that has been internationally recognised for providing outstanding services to the local community. To continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for innovative services and programs, we are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who will be committed to making a positive contribution to the City and its community.
Senior Urban Planner – Full Time
- Salary: $91,115 - $96,648 per annum
- Plus up to 14.5% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ref No: 22-132
The City is seeking a Senior Urban Planner to join our team to assist in facilitating high quality development that will shape the City’s future through exciting projects such as the review of the City’s Local Planning Strategy and planning aspects of the evolving Ocean Reef Marina.
You will participate in a broad range of land use planning activities including assessment of subdivision, scheme amendment, and structure plan proposals, as well as policy development and related project work. This is a great opportunity to use your strategic thinking, research and analysis skills.
Your covering letter will need to address the following key criteria:
- Sound experience in the preparation and review of planning strategies, planning scheme reviews, policies and related project work.
- Sound experience in the assessment of subdivision applications and clearances, local development plans, structure plans and scheme amendments.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Highly developed decision making, analytical and research skills.
- Tertiary qualification appropriate to Urban and Regional Planning.
Further information can be obtained by calling Graeme Catchpole, Coordinator Urban Design and Policy, on 9400 4373.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button above, and submit your resume and a covering letter online addressing the above criteria. Applications close on Sunday 9 October 2022.
All employees and prospective employees of the City of Joondalup are required to declare any secondary employment and private activities to ensure that any conflict of interests may be appropriately managed.
Chief Executive Officer
Canvassing of Elected Members will disqualify