The City of Joondalup takes pride in being a Local Government that has been internationally recognised for providing outstanding services to the local community. To continue to set the standard in WA Local Government for innovative services and programs, we are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who will be committed to making a positive contribution to the City and its community.
Crew Leader Parks – Full Time x 3
- Salary: $67,917 per annum ($1,306 per week)
- Plus up to 15.5% superannuation (conditions apply)
- 9-day fortnight
- Ref No: 23-032
The City is seeking suitably qualified Crew Leaders to provide direction and guidance to various Parks Operations teams, ensuring delivery of scheduled programs and reactive maintenance. This is a hands-on role, and your expertise in parks, streetscape and landscape maintenance will complement your ability to lead your team and deliver exceptional customer service to the City’s residents, ratepayers, and employees.
To be successful for this position you will have a minimum of two years’ experience in park operations and streetscape maintenance and will hold the following:
- Certificate III in Horticultural or Certificate III in Sports Turf Management or equivalent.
- Appropriate plant operating certificates.
- Relevant leadership qualifications.
- Chemical Certificate (Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases AHCCHM307, Transport and store chemicals AHCCHM304 and Control weeds AHCPMG301).
- WA MR Class Drivers Licence.
- Basic Traffic Management and Traffic Control Certificates.
- Construction Safety Induction Card (White Card).
- Current First Aid Certificate including CPR.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you. Further information can be obtained by calling Darcy Smith Supervisor Parks Operations on 9400 4139, or Karel Halmich Supervisor Parks Operations on 9400 4140.
To apply, please click on the "Apply" button above, and submit your resume and a covering letter online, addressing your knowledge and experience relevant to the role. Applications close at 11.55pm on Thursday 30 March 2023.
The City of Joondalup is committed to diversity and inclusion within all organisational practices and is an equal opportunity employer. The City encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all ages, sexualities and genders to apply for this position.
All employees and prospective employees of the City of Joondalup are required to declare any secondary employment and private activities to ensure that any conflict of interests may be appropriately managed.
Chief Executive Officer
Canvassing of Elected Members will disqualify